We develop, build, create and operate innovative, fun, high-quality, and caring senior living communities.
Due to the increasing COVID positivity rates in the state and in accordance with the recommendations sent out by the Maricopa Department of Public Health we will be closing the dining room, all commons areas, and cancelling all future group activities in the community effective December 1, 2020. At this time, Pima and Navajo counties have not sent out similar guidelines but we feel it is best for the health and safety of our residents and staff to move forward with the same protocols for all Solterra Management Group communities.
Solterra Management Group will begin quarantine protocols previously recommended by the CDC and we will continue to monitor all residents and staff for any change of health condition, including COVID- 19 symptoms. If a resident has a change in condition or becomes symptomatic, we will contact the resident’s provider for medical direction. Our team will continue to remain vigilant in screening anyone needing necessary access into our community.
Until further notice we request all residents to minimize leaving the community for outings or appointments unless they are medically necessary. If a resident requires assistance with telemedicine, please notify staff and we will assist with virtual visits.
Designated Essential Visitors will continue to have access to the community following the guidelines listed below:
- A resident may designate up to two Designated Essential Visitors. These designated visitors may change at any time by the resident. The Designated Essential Visitors names will be given to the Community Executive Director at least 24 hours prior to the visit.
- The Designated Essential Visitor will follow all COVID-19 testing guidelines required by Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for facilities staff based on the county’s level of positivity for the previous two weeks:
- Minimal (Percent Positivity <5%) Testing Once per Month
- Moderate (Percent Positivity 5%-10%) Testing Once per Week
- Substantial (Percent Positivity >10%) Testing Twice per Week
- Designated Essential Visitor will present a negative test result before the first visitation takes place.
- Designated Essential Visitor will sign an initial attestation that they will avoid attending large gatherings in between testing and visitation.
- The Designated Visitor will have their temperature taken and recorded prior to each visit; the Designated Visitor will be free of and attest to being free of symptoms prior to each visit.
- The Designated Visitor will be at least 18 years of age.
- The community will require mask-wearing (when safe) by residents, visitors, staff and Designated Essential visitor.
- The Designated Visitor will perform hand sanitizing prior to the visit.
- No visitation will occur, including by a Designated Essential Visitor, if the resident has tested positive or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- The Designated Visitor will go from the community entrance to the apartment or designated visitation area only and will not access the rest of the community or spend any time with any other resident.
As we have done since the pandemic began we continue to actively encourage sick employees to stay home and follow the processes outlined below :
- Telling employees to stay home if they have symptoms of acute respiratory illness, a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, or signs of a fever. Employees should be fever-free and symptom free for 72 hours without the use of medication before returning to work.
- Encouraging employees to notify their supervisor and stay home if they are sick for any reason.
- Ensuring that the company’s sick leave policies are flexible and consistent with public health guidance and that employees are aware of the policies.
- If an employee presents with symptoms, they will be given the option to see their personal provider or go to the company’s provider locations.
- Any employee that tests positive will be removed from the community for two weeks and will not be permitted to return until they have gone 72 hours without symptoms.
- Making sure contractors and staffing agencies inform their employees about the importance of staying home when ill and encouraging business partners not to reprimand workers who need to take sick leave.
This is a difficult time for our residents, their families, and our staff. We are disheartened to have to return to quarantine protocols in the community but the health and safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. Our hearts go out to those directly impacted by this virus and everyone at our communities experiencing the stress and disruption that COVID-19 has brought.
We appreciate all of your support and cooperation to date and want to thank you in advance for your future cooperation.
About Solterra Companies
Solterra Companies provides hands-on, detailed, and focused solutions for Senior Independent and Assisted Living Communities. Our team has extensive experience in project formation and development, financial modeling, operations management, marketing, leasing, cash-flow stabilization, asset management, health care integration, and strategic planning.
Solterra Senior Living
Solterra Senior Living are full service senior independent, assisted living, and memory care communities located in Arizona. Our communities are committed to ensuring that each resident is provided with the highest degree of integrity and respect in our role as caregivers providing them with assistance in their activities of daily living.
Bridgewater Assisted Living
Bridgewater Assisted Living are full-service assisted living and memory care communities. This product provides high-quality assisted living apartments and care services for income-qualified residents. Unique to Bridgewater, residents pay less rent than in traditional “market-rate” communities and are allowed resident Medicaid reimbursement.